Mississauga, Ont. – Nissan today announced Canadian pricing for the new 2017 Nissan Pathfinder SUV, which goes on sale this week at Nissan dealers nationwide with a starting MSRP* of $32,498.
Pathfinder, one of Nissan’s best known and most popular nameplates in its nearly 30-year history in Canada, is reborn for the 2017 model year with more adventure capability, a freshened exterior look and enhanced safety and technology – pure Pathfinder taken to an even higher level of performance, technology and style. The revisions to Pathfinder come as part of Nissan’s “Year of the Truck” – a comprehensive freshening of the brand’s truck lineup, including an all-new TITAN full-size pickup and Armada SUV.
Enhancements to Pathfinder for 2017 include:
- A major exterior redesign with a stronger sense of adventure character and presence – including a bold new front end with signature boomerang-shaped headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights, available LED headlights, “V-Motion” grille and a more aggressive hood
- New 3.5-litre Direct Injection Gasoline™ (DIG) V6 engine, rated at 284 horsepower – up from the previous 260 horsepower
- Maximum towing capacity increased by 1,000 pounds to a class-leading** 6,000 pounds (when properly equipped)
- Enhanced user friendliness features, ranging from new Motion-Activated liftgate to updated vehicle connected services
- New advanced driver assistance technology includes Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent Cruise Control and Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices* (MSRP) for the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder:
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$32,498 CAD|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$35,398 CAD|
|Pathfinder SV 4WD||$38,098 CAD|
|Pathfinder SL 4WD||$41,098 CAD|
|Pathfinder SL Premium Tech 4WD||$44,598 CAD|
|Pathfinder Platinum 4WD||$48,398 CAD|
Destination and Handling $1,795.
All 2017 Pathfinder models are equipped with Nissan’s third-generation Xtronic transmission (similar to that utilized in the sporty Nissan Maxima). The Xtronic transmission includes D-Step Logic Control, which simulates shifts, giving a more natural acceleration feeling. The new Pathfinder powertrain helps provide real world driving benefits of more responsive acceleration and re-acceleration, such as when entering highways or passing.
Pathfinder’s attractive interior design includes comfortable seating for seven, along with an innovative EZ Flex Seating System™ with LATCH AND GLIDE™, a 2nd row tilt and glide seat that allows easy 3rd row access with a child safety seat still installed.
Advanced Driver Assistance technology includes new Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC). For 2017, Moving Object Detection has been added to the available Around View® Monitor (AVM)***. Also offered are Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).
The 2017 Pathfinder is available in 2WD and 4WD drive configurations and in four models: S, SV, SL and Platinum. It is assembled in Smyrna, Tenn., with engines assembled in Decherd, Tenn.